Monday, October 3, 2011

Charleston & Savannah - "Old America"

As my first travel note here, I would introduce the latest trip, which is to South Carolina and Georgia in the United States. The primary reason that I traveled there was because my close friend lived. However, they were such great places and I recommend you guys to visit at least once!

Charleston is known as The Holy City due to the prominence of churches on the low-rise cityscape, particularly the numerous steeples which dot the city's skyline, and for the fact that it was one of the few cities in the original 13th centuries to provide religious tolerance, albeit restricted to non-Catholics.


This is Historic City Market. The picture on the right shows that a woman make traditional baskets. Once upon a time, slaves used to make and sell the baskets.



There are a lot of historical buildings in Charleston. I could feel like going back to long time ago.
The picture below was taken in Boone Hole Plantation, which is one of the most famous plantations in South Carolina. All the plantations were established before the Civil War and many slaves used to live and work there.




We can eat seafood such as mussels, oyster, sea bass and so on. Yum!!



Savannah is another historical town. It's located in Georgia State but so close to South Carolina. We went around the town by trolley. Some tourists took a carriage.


There are many squares and parks in the town. We saw a wedding held in the square. So pretty! The historical architectures were so beautiful as well.




Along the river side, there are many good restaurants and shops. Many tourists were walking around there and I realized Savannah was a popular place to visit in U.S.



The greatest meal in this trip was this Lobster!! Soft and juicy, tasted sooooo good!!!



Through this travel, I not only enjoyed sightseeing but also became familiar with American history a little bit. Actually, I was surprised because South East Area in U.S. has totally different atomosphere from California. It was my first time to think about it seriously...How embarassed! 


That's why I think that a journey enriches my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment